WHAT VALUE DOES A WEBSITE HAVE FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
Does your business need a website? In short, a well designed and developed website will:
- expose your company to new business opportunities
- promoting your business 24/7, 52 weeks a year
- keep your customers updated on new products or services
- build confidence with prospective customers
- allow your customers to engage with your business
WHAT KIND OF WEBSITE DOES MY BUSINESS NEED?
- A brochure style website design showcasing your products & services
- A Content Managed System (CMS) allowing you to control your content
- An online shop – sell directly to your customers
With all content managed sites you will be able to update your content, which, with website software like WordPress is simpler than using Facebook.
DO YOU WANT TO BE RANKED HIGH ON SEARCH ENGINES?
It is more important to get your web design & content right, well-developed sites generate better results in the main.
- Avoid low-cost budget packages – you’re likely to achieve little and appear less professional.
- Don’t expect immediate results, your site will need to build confidence with Google
- A website is a long term investment
- Content is definitely King! well written content is essential to the success of a site.
BE PREPARED TO PUT SOME EFFORT IN
Content managed sites require you to take ownership of the content. Although not difficult, it can be time consuming to update your content, time that may be better afforded elsewhere, I can advise you on content creation.
Nowadays professionally designed websites are a larger investment as more businesses understand how beneficial they can be, so, I would also recommend…
- Seek professional advice from more than one source, this will help you gain a realistic budget
- Ensure your prices are all quoting for the same specification
- Make sure you see previously developed websites from a proposed supplier.